Wednesday, November 26, 2008

New Music


Here's the sampler I sent out to several close friends. My favorite find on it was Jaymay, who I saw live at The Hotel Cafe (on the hotel cafe tour) in October. (She's in the picture.)

Ingrid Michaelson (of Old Navy sweater song fame...her new album has some new songs and some covers. I included one of each.)
1. Be OK
2. Can't Help Falling in Love

James Morrison (one of my favorite male voices. but his first cd was better than this one)
3. You Make it Real
4. Nothing Ever Hurt Like You

Jaymay (apparently has a thing for colors)
5. Gray or Blue
6. Snow White

Jem (not the cartoon. the welsh artist. i waited several years for this album...nothing is worth that wait. but i'm very glad she finally released this because I am loving it)
7. I Want You to...
8. It's Amazing
9. Got it Good

Jenny Lewis (lead singer of Rilo Kiley's second solo album explores a number of different genres, as influenced with these two songs)
10. See Fernando
11. Jack Killed Mom

Low vs. Diamond (a band that's been around but never broken through. solid rock songs)
12. Don't Forget Sister
13. Actions are Actions

Meiko
14. Reasons to Love You
15. Boys with Girlfriends
16. Under my Bed


The songs all come off of recent albums or EPs (in the case of Jaymay). I wrote a review of the show I saw which included Jaymay and Meiko as well as a few others including Erin McCarley (whose January release I am eager for) and Rachael Yamagata. The site I wrote it for is temporarily down but check in at iamthatgirl.com to read it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You like some great music!!

I LOVE Meiko- jaymay is cute too.

Marni said...

Jaymay? who is this Jaymay you speak of? I am behind!

KZ said...

Marni, you nut. You received this CD sampler.